<body> ....and the wait grows longer.
PROFILE

melissa [ng]. mel. melmel.
16 sept 1995.
rosyth. rgs.
113'o8!
raffles ringers <3
ssac apjoc'08!
rgsrsp.

I have a dream today.
--martin luther king, I Have A Dream.

RSP-ERS
cherie.
chun hui.
chuning.
desiree.
joan.
ling ying.
melissa foo.
melissa tham.
min yan.
regina.
rei.
samantha.
sophia.
vivian.
winnie.
ARCHIVES
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • April 2009
  • May 2009

  • TAGBOARD



     

    CREDITS

    layout design, coding,  photo-editing,

    by ice angel



    Brushes- 1| 2
    actual image-
    1

    Saturday, October 25, 2008


    I'll try and recall my visit to thailand [a few years ago, but i still remember]. Hmmmm. My family went on free-and-easy, so we didn't particularly visit any important historical place... But i'll talk about the shopping. Or, more precisely, the shopping centres. The shopping centres in Thailand are basically the same with the ones we have in Singapore. Except, of course, that every word is in Thai. But, amazingly enough, almost EVERY Thai shopkeeper we came across knew a bit of English. Which is really amazing. I mean, you hardly find any Singaporean shopkeeper that can manage a simple conversation in e.g. Thai. This could show, though, the number of English-speaking people there are in the world, as compared to the number of "other-languages" people. The Thai probably pick up a little English because they have so many English tourists they might as well learn how to bargain/converse in English, especially for shopkeepers who have shops near hotels. So cool (: There are MANY MANY English-speakers worldwide!

     -when are you coming back? ;